- About Us .....
- 1. Name of the Institution : BENGAL FINE ARTS COLLEGE
- 2. Address :
P.O. - Chandpara Bazar
North 24 Parganas
743245 W.B., INDIA
- 3. Establishment and legal entity : Founded in 1979 by Debnarayan Debnath and established in its own land & uilding. Registered office at Chandpara Bazar P.O., under North 24 Parganas District, W.B.
- 4. UGC College Code : 2 0 3 0 0 8
- 5. Legal status : Registered under West Bengal Societies Registration Act, 1961
- Regn. No. S/48976 of 1985-86
Registered under section 12-A of the Indian Income Tax Act.
Recognised by University Grants Commission. A grantee institution of MHRD, Govt. of India.
- 6. Main activities :
i) To run a degree college of fine arts affiliated to I.K.S. University and recognised by
University Grants Commission, Govt. of India.
ii) To organise seminars, conferences, workshops etc. on education, art and culture.
iii) To organise exhibitions of painting, sculpture etc.
iv) To organise workshops on human values in education.
v) To publish books, journals and magazines on education, art and culture etc.
vi) To run art education centres for the children aged about 6 - 16 years.
vii) To serve the educationally and culturally backward people and to uplift them by imparting education.
viii) To organise and run such other programmes for fulfillment of the aims & objectives of the institution.
- 7. Sources of funding :
1) Govt. Grants / UGC Grants.
2) Donation/Subscription, Sale of works of art etc.
3) Sale of Works of Art etc.
- 8. Area of work/Jurisdiction : Districts in the state of West Bengal.
- 9. Name of contact person : Debnarayan Debnath
Founder & Principal
Ph. +913215 250082 (O)
Fax. + 913215250082 (O)
- 10. Financial assistance received from
i) Department of Culture, Govt. of India.
ii) MHRD, Govt. of India.
iii) Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi.
iv) Sangit Natak Academy.New Delhi
v) University Grants Commission